Fairfax Challenge RJCC Region 6
March 24th & 25th 2018
Roland Park Country School
5204 Roland Ave, Baltimore, MD 21210
***Check your rating and club affiliation at http://www.fencingtime.com/LiveResults/FairFaxChallengeRJCCregion6/***
For questions, please send an email to email@example.com
***Pre-order Tournament T-shirt is not available anymore. There will be limited quantities for sale at the registration desk for $20 each***
*** NOTE - This RJCC is a qualifying path for region 6 fencers to the 2019 Junior Olympics and 2018 July Challenge ***
Registration, Events Fees
- Regular Fees entry deadline EXTENDED (Mon March 12th 11:59PM EST) - $30 registration plus $40 per event
- Double Fees (March 13th to March 16th 11:59PM EDT) - $60 registration fees plus $80 per event
- Triple Fees (March 17th to March 19th 11:59PM EDT) - $90 registration fees plus $120 per event
Starting March 20th 2018, no registration will be accepted through askfred.
Walk-ins are permitted at the triple fee rate ($90 + $120).
Your registration is incomplete until payment is made via askfred. If you want to make alternate payment arrangements, you must email the organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday March 5th 11:59PM EST.
Venue opens 6:30AM each day.
You will need to present:
1- Proof of USFencing membership, FIE license, or foreign federation membership. If no membership provided, fencer has to complete and pay for USFencing membership at he door
2- Signed waiver
3- Proof of age: Birth certificate, passport, or USFencing membership card if DOB is noted on the card.
- Registration fees are NON REFUNDABLE
- Before Monday March 5th 11:59PM EST refund of events fees except askfred fees
- Starting March 6th NO REFUND NO EXCEPTION
To request a refund, send email to email@example.com
8:00AM U19 Women's Saber
8:00AM U19 Men's Epee
12:00PM U16 Men's Foil
12:00PM U19 Women's Epee
3:00PM U16 Men's Saber
3:00PM U16 Women's Foil
8:00AM U19 Men's Saber
8:00AM U16 Women's Epee
12:00PM U16 Men's Epee
12:00PM U19 Women's Foil
3:00PM U16 Women's Saber
3:00PM U19 Men's Foil
Fencers must check-in each day they fence
Please arrive sufficiently early for equipment check
Event eligibility is determined by 2017-18 USA Fencing birth year requirements only (not specific day/month). All entrants' age/point eligibility will be verified prior to the tournament, and any ineligible fencers will be notified and removed from the "who's preregistered" list.
Cadet = 2002-2005 (or on Y14 NRPS)
Junior = 1999-2005 (or on Cadet NRPS)
Current point standings: http://www.usfencing.org/current-point-standings
Tournament Organizer - Abdel Aziz & Connie Schriber
Bout Committee Chair - Rasha Abdellatif
Head Referee - Charles Greene III
Referees Committee - TBA
Head Armor - Craig Gault
Medical - George Cummings
Equipment Vendor - Blue Gauntlet Fencing Gear http://www.blue-gauntlet.com
Official Tournament Merchandiser - Lamsah Custom Printing http://lamsah.us
Tournament Format and Rules
USA Fencing rules apply. http://www.usfencing.org/page/show/695208-rulebook
Equipment check required (mask, lame (as appropriate), sabre cuffs, head cords, and body cords). Armorer will be on-site for repairs (for fee).
Name is NOT required on uniform.
Medals awarded to top 8.
100% advances to DE after pool results.
Points for RJCC
- All athletes whose USA Fencing's membership division is in the region in which the RJCC is held will earn regional points based on placement. Athletes fencing in an RJCC outside their region will not earn regional points. Larger fields will award more points for placement. A percentage of athletes will earn qualification from their rankings on the RRPS.
- Up to the best 2 results in a given category will be combined to determine a fencer's Regional Rank each season.
- There is NO trickle down for points at the Regional level. Points earned in a Regional Cadet or Junior tournament only appear in the category in which they were earned. (For example: Junior regional points do NOT trickle down to Cadet).
- There IS trickle down for QUALIFICATION at the Regional level. Therefore, if a fencer qualifies in an older age group and is age eligible for a younger age group, they earn qualification in that category as well. (For example: If a fencer qualifies to the July Challenge in Juniors and is age eligible for Cadet, he/she will also qualify in Cadet)
- There are NO National Points earned at RJCC events. Junior and Cadet National Points (NRPS) are only awarded at NACs, the July Challenge and Junior Olympic/National Championships.
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
903 Dulaney Valley Rd
Towson, MD, 21204 - Phone:
For Reservations: Guests may call Sheraton Central Reservations at 1-888-627-7147 and reference the group: "Fairfax Challenge March 2018" to enjoy our negotiated rate of $139/night + tax.
You can also book online by clicking on https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1710097147&key=26B87751
* Indoor swimming pool.
* Free Wireless High-Speed Internet
* Hotel connected to Towson Town Center Mall via skywalk
* Parking is $10/day including in/out privileges
* Complimentary shuttle within 5-mile radius of the hotel
*** Book your room at the host hotel before the cutoff date of March 13th 5PM, 2018 ***