American Challenge RJCC Region 3
September 16 & 17, 2017
33 Baldwin Rd, Parsippany, NJ 07054
For questions, please send an email to AIF_Challenge@hotmail.com
*** NOTE - This RJCC is a qualifying path for region 3 fencers to the 2018 Junior Olympics and July Challenge ***
Registration, Events Fees
- Regular Fees entry deadline (Monday August 28 11:59PM EDT) - $30 registration plus $40 per event
- Double Fees (August 29 to September 4 11:59PM EDT) - $60 registration fees plus $80 per event
- Triple Fees (September 5 to September 11 11:59PM EDT) - $90 registration fees plus $120 per event
Starting September 12th 2017, no registration will be accepted through askfred.
Walk-ins are permitted at the triple fee rate ($90 + $120) AND are subject to a $200 surcharge per the US Fencing RJCC guidelines
Your registration is incomplete until payment is made via askfred. If you want to make alternate payment arrangements, you must email the organizer at AIF_Challenge@hotmail.com before Monday August 28 11:59PM EDT.
Venue opens 6:30AM each day.
You will need to present:
- Proof of USFencing membership, FIE license, or foreign federation membership. If no membership provided, fencer has to complete and pay for USFencing membership at he door
- Signed waiver
- Proof of age, Birth certificate, passport, driver license or USFencing membership
card if DOB is noted on the card.
- Registration fees are NON REFUNDABLE
- Before Monday August 28 11:59PM EDT: refund of event fees except askfred fees
- After Monday August 28 NO refund NO exception
To request a refund, send email to AIF_Challenge@hotmail.com
8:00AM U16 Men's Epee
8:00AM U19 Men's Foil
1:00PM U19 Women's Foil
1:30PM U19 Women's Saber
3:30 U16 Women's Epee
4:00PM U19 Men's Saber
8:00AM U16 Women's Foil
8:00AM U19 Men's Epee
1:00PM U19 Women's Epee
1:30PM U16 Women's Saber
3:30PM U16 Men's Foil
4:00PM U16 Men's Saber
Fencers must check-in each day they fence
Please arrive sufficiently early for equipment check
Event eligibility is determined by 2017-18 USA Fencing birth year requirements only (not specific day/month). All entrants' age/point eligibility will be verified prior to the tournament, and any ineligible fencers will be notified and removed from the "who's preregistered" list.
Exception to Age Eligibility
- Cadet (through JO's): A fencer born after 2004 can fence in Cadet local and regional competitions, NAC Cadet tournaments and Junior Olympic Cadet Fencing Championships and qualifying tournaments IF the fencer is on the National Youth 14 point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament.
- Junior (through JO's): A fencer born after 2004 can fence in Junior local and regional competitions, NAC Junior and Junior Olympic Junior Fencing Championships and qualifying tournaments IF the fencer is on the National Cadet point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament.
Bout Committee Chair: Rasha Abdellatif
Head Referee: Charles Greene II
Head Armor: Paul Szmaida
Medical: George Cummings
Equipment Vendor: Blue Gauntlet Fencing Gear http://www.blue-gauntlet.com
Official Merchandiser Lamsah for Custom T-Shirts http://www.lamsah.us
Tournament Format and Rules and Seeding
USA Fencing rules apply. http://www.usfencing.org/page/show/695208-rulebook
Equipment check required (mask, lame (as appropriate), gloves, sabre cuffs, head cords, and body cords). Armorer will be on-site for repairs (for fee).
Name is NOT required on uniform.
Medals awarded to top 8.
100% advances to DE after pool results.
Points for RJCC
- All athletes whose USA Fencing's membership division is in the region in which the RJCC is held will earn regional points based on placement. Athletes fencing in an RJCC outside their region will not earn regional points. Larger fields will award more points for placement. A percentage of athletes will earn qualification from their rankings on the RRPS.
- Up to the best 2 results in a given category will be combined to determine a fencer's Regional Rank each season.
- There is NO trickle down for points at the Regional level. Points earned in a Regional Cadet or Junior tournament only appear in the category in which they were earned. (For example: Junior regional points do NOT trickle down to Cadet).
- There IS trickle down for QUALIFICATION at the Regional level. Therefore, if a fencer qualifies in an older age group and is age eligible for a younger age group, they earn qualification in that category as well. (For example: If a fencer qualifies to the July Challenge in Juniors and is age eligible for Cadet, he/she will also qualify in Cadet)
- There are NO National Points earned at RJCC events. Junior and Cadet National Points (NRPS) are only awarded at NACs, the July Challenge and Junior Olympic/National Championships.
HOTEL1 - Embassy Suites By Hilton Parsippany
909 Parsippany Blvd., Parsippany NJ 07054. Phone: (973) 939-2113
•Free High Speed Internet
•Complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and evening reception
Book by 8/23/17 to receive our negotiated rate of $109+tax per night (King Suite), and $135+tax per night (Double Bed suite)
You can book by calling toll-free number 1-800-EMBASSY (1-800-362-2779) or you may call the Hotel directly at 973-334-1440 and mention “Group Rate” for "American Institute of Fencing September" or click on http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/P/PRNNJES-AF9-20170915/index.jhtml
HOTEL2 - Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany
3535 US Highway 46 East at Cherry Hill Road • Parsippany NJ 07054. Phone: (973) 263-0095
•Free High Speed Internet
Book by 8/25/17 to receive our negotiated rate of $99+tax per night
You can book by two ways:
Call the hotel (973) 263-0095 and mention that you are with the "American Institute of Fencing", OR click on the following link: